isinkwe-panorama2 giraffe road_1 hluhluwe-imfolozi  40 isinkwe-vehicle-rhino imgp1178 copy of img_4334 vidal beach isinkwe-vehicle-rhino img00001-20120306-1335 hluhluwe-imfolozi  31

Department of Home Affairs issues official visa brochure for children travelling to SA

Monday, 11 May 2015 09:22
Traveling families, please note the new regulations for minors travelling across SA's borders, to become effective on 1 June 2015.

The new SA immigration requirement states that minors should travel with an unabridged birth certificate, which names the child’s mother and father – or the equivalent thereof from their country of origin. 

The new regulation is to be put in place as a means to curb child trafficking across SA's borders.

Traveller24 reported in February this year that the department of home affairs says South Africa’s immigration regulations now also require unabridged birth certificates or a country’s equivalent thereof for travelling minors, to be in English. This was an additional alteration added to the new regulations. 

In an attempt to make the new requirements easy to understand, home affairs has issued an official brochure to prospective travellers. 

Please check official document on SA Home Affairs website